- Barack Obama has been re-elected President. (Does anybody recall Einstein’s definition of insanity?)
- Peter DeFazio has been re-elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, District #4. (Art Robinson carried Josephine, Curry, and Douglas Counties, and DeFazio took Coos County and Lane County.)
- Greg Walden was re-lected to the U.S. House of Representatives, District #2.
- Herman Baertschiger has been elected to the Oregon State Senate.
- Wally Hicks, Tim Freeman, Jeff Kruse, and Dennis Richardson have all been re-elected to the Oregon State House of Representatives.
- Keith Heck has been elected County Commissioner for Position #2.
- The race for County Commissioner Position #3 is too close to call at this point, with Cherryl Walker leading Bob Just by 80 votes when the polls closed at 8:00, with about 2,000 votesr left to be counted.
- Eve Arce will be our new County Treasurer.
- Art Harvey was re-elected as our County Clerk.
Congratulations to all our Republican elected and re-elected public officials! While this is a sad day for our nation, we’re glad to have such great representation at the local level!